Thursday, September 2

Hondata Airbox Mod

So I got to reading, and found out I could gut out my stock airbox for an extra 3-4hp.

Heck, I get to cut shit up and free up a few extra ponies along the way... WHY NOT!

I rang Ghetto Chek and he came over on a Saturday with a hand saw and a toolbox full of useless crap. "Dude, we're gutting an airbox, not building a damn fort!"

Hondata website suggests a handsaw.
Forums suggest a dremmel.

I had to work with a puny ass hand saw with a thin blade attached to it that would make the creaters of SAW, the movie laugh in their panties....

Hondata said it would take 30mins to get done. We took 2 hours because we're geniuses.

When we finally got semi-done, this is how it looked.

Don't mess with Ghetto Chek's neon green shorts

We did a crappy ass job of getting the edges smoothed out, and almost chopped off a few fingers while we were at it.

No matter. We did out best, and thats what counts! (thats what the losers in some Proton Satrias said when I smoked them too).

Took it out for a spin, and it definitely felt more rev happy with higher airflow.

Itchy backside of me to buy a replacement K&N Air Filter for it over the weekend because I thought it would make more power. I was wrong.

I'm a sucker for marketing.
The World's BEST Air Filter Apparently....

So thats RM350 down the drain.

p.s. Thanks again to Ghetto Chek for picking up the bill because I was short on cash.

All in all, if you dont plan to change your air intake system, go for the mod. It's worth the throttle response you gain. If you have the slightest whim of getting a SRI or CAI, dont bother. Not worth the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment