Monday, September 6

Fujitsubo RM01A Catback Install

So the catback was sitting in my room for 4 days, and i'm itching to get it installed to hear & see how it will be like on my car.

I've watched TOO many youtube clips, so its time to experience the real thing.

Manager wasnt around, so decided to take a nice long lunch break and head to the professionals at Jaafar to get it installed.

They previously did the de-cat on my car.

If you still have your stock cat on, get it to an exhaust shop and HACK it off.

It cost me RM50 to get the system put on, and the actual INSTALL was only 30 minutes.

The bitch part was there was a Porsche Cayenne getting his exhaust finished up which was causing the hold up.

No matter. Heres pictures:

PIPING:
Stock piping is 2.1" and as you can clearly see, extremely restrictive.
Less bends as well on the RM01A piping.

MUFFLER:
Stock muffler is BIG and functions as an S-flow at low rpms.
Due to a built in valve, it switches to a semi-straight flow upon load.
RM01A muffler looks gooooood.

FINISHED PRODUCT:
Initial thoughts was that it was rather quiet. I knew it wasnt going to be loud, but damnnn, this was extremely silent. At idle, it was like stock.

But at WOT (Wide Open Throttle), it sounded good. Not raspy, and solid. Just the way I liked it.

I'm growing to enjoy the non-boomy-ness of it, and the scream it makes at high revs is to die for.


I was gunning for 215whp from just the intake and exhaust mods. I now realize how naive that was.

I got this notion/target after watching a Dyno shootout of a few UK DC5Rs not realizing theirs was on a dynostream, which registered higher numbers.


Final numbers were rather disappointing however. Only 195whp.

Sure, it was a +15whp over stock, but I expected more to be honest, I was expecting 200whp at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment