Thursday, September 2

AEM V2 Intake

You know what i love about the Singapore forums... you can find all the branded crap you're looking for there because the poor kiasu-rians can only use "legal" parts for their cars.

I picked up a 2nd hand AEM V2 intake (also known as the hot-air intake) from a Singaporean whose name I can't remember. Set me back roughly RM450.

No, i'm not an idiot for choosing a "semi" SRI over a CAI....

To me, aesthetics do play an important role in my "feelings" towards a car. A CAI would leave the engine bay empty as heck, being it has to be in the front of the car where the bumper is....

So for Aesthetic reasons, and because i'm a sucker for marketing (YES AGAIN!), I chose the AEM V2... It fills up the engine bay nicely, and the guy in the youtube promo video said i'd get 18horsepower up from it.

"WOW! GIMME ONE OF THOSE!" the redneck in me said....

So heres how it looked unpacked after my buddy Aaron lugged it cross borders back for me.


Looked like a real beaut.

No dents, just some minor scratches on the body, and air filter looked intact - no crushed panels which is a good thing.

Filter was abit dirty, so I decided to google some cleaning instructions.

Step 1: Wash in Simple Green... (W.T.F is Simple Green?! Some sort of crack?)

I looked for the closest thing at home and found the floor detergent.
It was green, and had GREEN TEA elements.
Detoxing the damn filter fool!


I did a good job, but the weather was pretty cool out (maybe because it was 12am moron...), so the filter didnt dry...

Had to get mother to bring it to her factory (yeah i live in a third world country, what is it to you?) and place it behind one of her machines to dry it up.

Install info will be in the next post because this is turning out to be a long winded ass write up.

No comments:

Post a Comment